Level-up your strategy and leadership skills with this masterclass module. Designed for leaders in manufacturing, you will build your capability to effectively navigate challenges, make informed decisions, and inspire others to achieve common goals.
Queensland manufacturers face an increasingly complex range of challenges, from high costs, changing market conditions to labour attraction and retention. This complexity is often met with quick strategic fixes, short-term goals, and firefighting to keep the business afloat. Leaders that learn to view problems from unique angles, experiment with strategic options, and explore future possibilities that others might not see immediately will be better able to keep their business relevant.
The strategy component of this module will provide you with useful frameworks and insights on how leaders can prepare for the future while balancing the priorities of the present.
The leadership component will assist you to bring out the best in others by applying and adapting your leadership style and managing the conditions that drive individual and team performance.
Selected participants will have the opportunity to access a three-month, one-to-one coaching program. These coaching sessions will be tailored to support your business needs and will guide you through the next phase of your leadership journey, whether you’re keen to empower others or achieve a cultural change.
Full Day Workshop – 8.30am Registration, 9.00am-4.30pm Session
Over the course of the day, you will cover:
- How to create a strategy in rapidly changing conditions
- How strategy execution works
- What leaders really do: the challenge of combining strong leadership and management
- Leading by being mindful: self-awareness and self-regulation
- Leading people: building a supportive and positive organisation
- Dealing with adversity
You will walk away with:
- Improved understanding of how to implement a dynamic strategy in manufacturing and how to create conditions to achieve it.
- Key tools and frameworks to help shift focus from the ‘day-to-day’ to future-focused strategic thinking when needed
- A greater understanding of the ‘customer’ and how changing trends influence their needs and wants
- An understanding of key mindset and behaviours that help the leaders both envision the future
- Opportunity to access one-to-one coaching opportunities designed to allow participants to address their key opportunities and challenges in their workplace.
This face-to-face masterclass series module is designed for leaders, owners, and managers of manufacturing businesses. A limit of 2 people per organisation applies.
This masterclass series is presented in partnership with the Australian Industry Group (Ai Group).
Expression of Interest
Data Collection Notice
By registering for this event, you agree that Ai Group may disclose the personal data you submit as part of registration to Manufacturing Skills Queensland:
- to determine your suitability to attend per the participant profile for this course; and
- as reasonably necessary for the management and organisation of the specific event for which you registered; and
- to communicate with you in relation to the event which you have registered for – including pre- or post event satisfaction surveys
Photographs and/or audio-visual footage may be taken and/or live-streamed during (part of) this event. Photos and videos can be published on Ai Group or Manufacturing Skills Queensland websites and social media pages. Photos and videos may also be recorded and can be reproduced in various media including Ai Group or Manufacturing Skills Queensland publications, social networks, and press, in connection with a specific event, or for further institutional purposes as well as for promotional activities of Ai Group or Manufacturing Skills Queensland. By attending this organized (or co-organised) event, you agree you may appear in published photos and/or videos as stated above.