Challenge the status quo with this masterclass module. Designed for leaders in manufacturing, you will learn new skills to develop strategic solutions to complex business challenges in today’s changing world.
Innovation and new ideas play a crucial role in helping a business build a competitive advantage in today’s dynamic and ever-changing market. By constantly seeking out innovative solutions and thinking outside the box, a business can differentiate itself from its competitors and stay ahead of the curve. While many businesses view innovation as a competitive necessity for future success, only a few have a focused and robust innovation strategy and implementation plan to guide their efforts.
This module is designed for leaders who believe there is always a better way, and are engaged in innovation, product/service improvement, engineering or Research and Development (R&D) activities. The module covers immediately actionable guidance on increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of your innovation and R&D activities, the management oversight of these activities to maximise value and Return on Innovation Investment (ROII), and creating a persistent innovation culture within your business.
Selected participants will have the opportunity to access a three-month, one-to-one coaching program. These coaching sessions will be tailored to support your business needs and will guide you through the next phase of your leadership journey, support your specific innovation needs and will guide you in progressing your innovation roadmap.
Full Day Workshop – 8.30am Registration, 9.00am-4.30pm Session
Over the course of a day, the module will cover:
- The three Horizons of Innovation and concept ideation
- Establishing purpose and strategy driven innovation priorities
- Allocating resources and monitoring progress
- Establishing an Innovation Portfolio and a stage-gate process of managing it
- Capturing voice of the customer and forming insights of latent needs for innovation opportunities
- Consumer validating emerging concepts
- Translating concepts into technical specifications and developing solutions and prototyping
- Scaling-up to production
- Creating a self-sustained innovation culture in your business
You will walk away with:
- Practical know-how to start implementing persistent innovation capabilities and culture within your business
- Knowledge of how to create an innovation strategy driven by your purpose
- Techniques and processes for systematic multi-channel capture the voice of the customer
- Tools and processes to ideate innovation concepts
- Understanding of how to establish and manage your innovation portfolio balanced over the three Horizons of Innovation
- Knowledge of stage-gate process for managing your innovation for value creation
- Performance management for innovation and R&D activities in manufacturing businesses,
- Tools and methods of prototyping and validating emerging solutions
- Confidence to design seamless transition from R&D to production
- People, environment, resources, communication, and collaboration methods for an empowered innovation culture
This face-to-face masterclass series module is designed for leaders, owners, and managers of manufacturing businesses. A limit of 2 people per organisation applies.
This masterclass series is presented in partnership with the Australian Industry Group (Ai Group).
Expression of Interest
Data Collection Notice
By registering for this event, you agree that Ai Group may disclose the personal data you submit as part of registration to Manufacturing Skills Queensland:
- to determine your suitability to attend per the participant profile for this course; and
- as reasonably necessary for the management and organisation of the specific event for which you registered; and
- to communicate with you in relation to the event which you have registered for – including pre- or post event satisfaction surveys
Photographs and/or audio-visual footage may be taken and/or live-streamed during (part of) this event. Photos and videos can be published on Ai Group or Manufacturing Skills Queensland websites and social media pages. Photos and videos may also be recorded and can be reproduced in various media including Ai Group or Manufacturing Skills Queensland publications, social networks, and press, in connection with a specific event, or for further institutional purposes as well as for promotional activities of Ai Group or Manufacturing Skills Queensland. By attending this organized (or co-organised) event, you agree you may appear in published photos and/or videos as stated above.